Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jack Hanna supports Sheriff killing 49 wild exotic animals

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player


Jack Hanna, a wildlife expert and tv celebrity defended the actions of the sheriff who had to kill 49 wild exotic pets including rare Bengal tigers, lions and bears.

"Tragedy-wise for me, probably the worst thing in 45 years of history of woking with animals…I've seen poachers kill in the wild.  I've seen animals killed right in front of me with their horns cut off.  I've seen a lot of things happen in my career, but nothing like this have I ever witnessed."

Hanna is talking about the wild animals that were released from Terry Thompson's private zoo in Zanesville, Ohio before he committed suicide.

The Sheriff in is staying that all the animals had to be destroyed.  I us painful to see all the beautiful animals laying dead.  There is one Macaw monkey still free, but it is believed the monkey may have been eaten by a lion.  

ABC News' Diana Sawyer asked Hanna, "How long is this going to haunt you?

"It's going to haunt me the rest of my life," said Hanna.

Pit Bulls are banned if you live in the city limits of Bexley or Reynoldsburg, and they are subject to additional restrictions in Gahanna, but it is okay to keep exotic pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment