About a month ago, I saw a young man sitting on the ground in front
of the Rite Aid in Santee, California. I figured by his clothing he was
probably homeless, but as I got closer he didn't ask me for any money,
nor even notice me, but I noticed that he had a cat with him on a leash.
When I can back out and got into my car, I sat there for a few moments watching him play with his cat. You could tell the cat was very happy and didn't even care about the leash and the man was gentle and adored the cat. I knew that they were helping each other. I also knew that the man probably felt responsible for the cat and gave him a reason to live. This was no missing cat or lost homeless man as they had found each other.
Then this morning I read a story from the Associated Press about Daniel Dockery who was a recovering heroin addict in Phoenix. His cat, Scruffy had a deep cut and he took him to a Arizona Humane Society, so the cat could be treated. The staff told Daniel that the cost was $400 to treat Scruffy. Daniel was homeless, he didn't have the money. Daniel's mother offered to pay, but the clinic would not accept credit cards, but the clinic said if Daniel signed papers surrendering Scruffy to them, he would be treated and put into foster care.
read the rest of the story here
When I can back out and got into my car, I sat there for a few moments watching him play with his cat. You could tell the cat was very happy and didn't even care about the leash and the man was gentle and adored the cat. I knew that they were helping each other. I also knew that the man probably felt responsible for the cat and gave him a reason to live. This was no missing cat or lost homeless man as they had found each other.
Then this morning I read a story from the Associated Press about Daniel Dockery who was a recovering heroin addict in Phoenix. His cat, Scruffy had a deep cut and he took him to a Arizona Humane Society, so the cat could be treated. The staff told Daniel that the cost was $400 to treat Scruffy. Daniel was homeless, he didn't have the money. Daniel's mother offered to pay, but the clinic would not accept credit cards, but the clinic said if Daniel signed papers surrendering Scruffy to them, he would be treated and put into foster care.
read the rest of the story here

No comments:
Post a Comment